DAVID BARTON CLINCHES 2022 CHAMPIONSHIP WITH X8 SERIES CONVERTER
In the fiercely competitive world of NHRA Factory Stock Showdown racing, renowned engine builder David Barton clinched his second consecutive championship with Saw Mill Auto Chevrolet COPO Camaro. An impressive feat to do once, let alone twice in a row, Barton trusts ProTorque torque converters in his racecars and works closely with ProTorque’s engineering team to put together championship-caliber converters. Throughout the 2022 season, Barton made five final-round appearances and captured three national event wins at the NHRA Thunder Valley Nationals, the prestigious U.S. Nationals in Indianapolis, and the NHRA Nationals in Pennsylvania.
High performance integral strengthening struts provide extra support in critical areas to prevent flexing or ballooning and are fully radiused to prevent stress risers.
In ProTorque’s product line, the X8 is the “little brother” to its record-setting U9 converters which have shown tremendous proficiency in classes such as Ultra Street lately. The X8 is geared towards a larger sportsman-style market, including NHRA classes such as Factory Stock Showdown, Stock, Super Stock, Comp Eliminator, Top Dragster, Top Sportsman, and more. Able to support over 2,000+ horsepower, the X8 is also perfectly suited for cars in the 600-horsepower range and everything in between.
• Lightweight 7075 T6 billet aluminum bolt-together drive cover
• Fully CAD/CAM designed and CNC-machined
• Integral strengthening struts provide extra support in critical areas to prevent flexing or ballooning
• Rotating mass is reduced by removing material from non-critical areas
• Fully radiused to prevent stress risers
• 6 mounting locations to accommodate both large and small bolt pattern flex plates
CUSTOM DESIGNED HARDWARE:
• 12 custom Aerospace (4340 rolled thread) fastening studs
• “Safe-D” stud technology which are indexed into the aluminum front cover to provide a safe and secure way to keep both halves of the converter in constant compression
• Steel Keenserts provide the safest and strongest method to attach the flex plate to the converter
CUSTOM BILLET STATOR:
• Custom billet stators have been CAD/CAM-designed and CNC-machined from solid billet steel or billet aluminum
• 10 strut mechanical diode or spragless configuration
• Many options are available for tunability in specific combinations and conditions
• Future custom stator designs will allow infinite adjustability to fine tune power application
• Allen head jacking bolts provided to ease disassembly
|APPLICATION||APPROX. STALL||RATED HP|
|X8 Series Mechanical Diode 30-Spline||CUSTOM||1,000-2,000|
|X8 Series Bolt-Together Spragless 30-Spline||CUSTOM||1,000-2,000|
|X8 Series Bolt-Together Mechanical Diode 30-Spline||CUSTOM||1,000-2,000|
|X8 Series Spragless 30-Spline||CUSTOM||1,000-2,000|
Actual converter may vary, image for illustration purposes only.
Repairs and freshen up prices depend on condition of core.
Standard freshen up consist of replace bearings, bushings and drive hubs and will vary in price from $197- $397.
Stall adjustment will depend on parts needed and/or time needed to modify.
We are a full custom shop we will work on everything and anything please call for custom work not yet listed!
|Dimensions||18 × 18 × 10 in|
|Fuel Type|| |
|Power Adder|| |
GM Powerglide, GM TH350, GM TH400